This is great to make as a snack or as an hors d’oeuvre when you’re having company. It’s ridiculously easy and so delicious!
White Bean Dip With Pita Crisps
- 4 pita breads, split horizontally in half
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Grated rind of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200℃/400℉.
- Cut each pita half into 8 wedges.
- Arrange them evenly over a large baking sheet.
- Brush them with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about minutes, then turn them over and bake until they are crisp and golden, about 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, put all of the ingredients except the oil in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- With the machine running, gradually pour in the olive oil and run until the mixture is creamy.
- Taste to see if it needs more salt or pepper.
- Transfer to a small bowl and serve with pita crisps.
- This dip will keep in the fridge for a day.