Warm Green Bean Salad
- 450 grams/1 pound string beans or haricot vert
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Chopped herbs – parsley, chervil, basil, or tarragon
- Trim both ends of the beans.
- Add the beans to a large pot of boiling salted water, and cook just until they turn bright green. They will still be on the firm side.
- Drain them and lay them on a clean kitchen towel to dry for a few minutes.
- Toss the beans while warm with enough oil to coat well.
- Add the lemon juice and herbs.
- Serve immediately.
If you plan to serve them later, either dress them just before serving or add the lemon juice at the last minute. This salad is also delicious cold.