It’s kind of a bummer living without dessert and I often grab a spelt cookie with my after-dinner tea, but this is so much better for you. Chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on earth! They are high amounts of antioxidants and are loaded with protein. Almost all of the carbs in them are fiber, which will help you lose weight. They are high in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus. In fact, they contain more calcium than most dairy products, so you should definitely be eating them during our detox. They are high in protein, which can drastically reduce your appetite and those late night cravings! I could go on and on about them, but I won’t bore you. You can easily add them to shakes, yogurt, or oatmeal, but here’s a tasty after-dinner treat that should keep you from getting the late night munchies!
Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I like roasted almond milk)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave, or honey
- Place the ingredients in a container or bowl and mix well.
- Place covered in the refrigerator and mix every 1-2 hours until set. Mixing is important since the seeds will fall to the bottom of the container. If you don’t mix it now and then, it won’t set properly.
- Will keep 5 days in the refrigerator, so you can make a few in advance!
You could also add a bit of cinnamon or cardamom for a little extra hint of flavor.
If you want to make it in portion sized jars, as I did, then put this amount in each jar, close, and shake well.
Then follow the above recipe.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut sugar, maple syrup, agave, or honey
After we’re done with our detox, try adding some fruit as a topping!