I always make extra quinoa and keep it in the fridge to have on hand to add to soups and salads.
This salad is easy to throw together with your leftovers. Feel free to substitute any of these vegetables with whatever you like best or happen have on hand. Radishes would make a nice substitute for the fennel, for example. Multiply it by as many people as you wish to serve.
Quinoa Salad With Salmon & Fennel
- 100 g cooked cold quinoa
- 50 g haricot vert (or green beans)
- 1/4 fennel bulb thinly shaved with the wide part of your box grater
- 100 g cold cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Optional – some chopped herbs such as dill, chervil, or cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil & lemon juice dressing
- Quickly blanch the haricot vert/green beans in salted boiling water – just until their color changes to bright green, the throw them into a colander and run them under cold water until completely cooled.
- Toss all the haricot vert, fennel, and fish together in a bowl.
- Put the quinoa in another bowl, add the green onion and dressing, and stir to combine.
- Pile the quinoa mixture onto the middle of your serving plate/bowl and place the vegetable fish mixture on top.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with chopped herbs.
NOTE: This recipe can be easily multiplied.
Olive Oil & Lemon Juice Dressing
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 5 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt, freshly ground white pepper
You can either shake this in a jar or whisk it in a bowl. Combine the lemon juice, salt, and pepper (shake or whisk). Then add the olive oil and shake or whisk until combined.