This thick golden dressing is delicious with beets, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower. It’s also great with grain-based salads, especially those made with rice or quinoa. Let it stand for 15 minutes for the full flavor to develop.
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tablespoons full fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons light olive oil or sunflower oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (koriander)
- Pound the garlic and salt into a paste with a mortar and pestle, or put the garlic through a press.
- Combine garlic and salt with yogurt and curry in a small bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Whisk in the oil.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro (koriander).
- Taste for tartness and salt and add lemon juice or salt if needed.