Some of you have asked me about the possibility of having smoothies for breakfast or as an afternoon snack instead of juice. I’m giving you a few of my favorite veggie smoothie recipes, but in return, you must promise to also drink veggie juice! If it’s too much trouble to make it yourself, then at least buy some.
- I’m not a fan of protein powders, and whey powder is off limits to us, but I did finally manage to find an organic, vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free protein powder that actually tastes good to boot! It’s a miracle. It’s Raw Organic Protein from a company called Garden of Life. I find it’s cheapest (and most convenient) if you order it online.
- Slice bananas and freeze flat in ziploc baggies to have on hand.
- If you see unsweetened roasted almond milk, you’ll find it tastes nicer than regular.
- Resist the temptation to add more fruit. You will get sweetness from the protein powder.
- The instructions for every smoothie are: Put all ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
Cinnamon Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla plant based protein powder
- 3 ice cubes